First of all, thank you so much for voting for me over at Love is being Owned by a Husky, I came third in their K9 Kelp contest. How cool is that!
Secondly, thank you to Piranha Banana for nominating me for the Shine On award.
For this lovely award the rules are simple:
1. Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you – thank you Piranha Banana
2. Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back – I’ve added it to my Awards page
3. Share seven random things about yourself: This is the bit I’m not good at.
- I’m a girl – I don’t exactly act it, but I am!
- I have a sardine with my evening meal, and always hope I’ll get one with breakfast too. Sadly so far this hasn’t happened.
- When I need to go out in the middle of the night I wake mummy up by nudging her under the arm. Works everytime
- I don’t bark or ‘woo’. Well, unless no one is home and then I serenade the neighbours. Mummy and daddy have never heard me sing.
- I love veggies. And bread. And anything left out on the kitchen counter.
- I have a full time job as a scarecrow, which I take very seriously.
- I love all my bloggy friends!
4. Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the Shine On Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post and notify them on their blogs – I have no idea who to pass this on to, so I’m going cop out and offer it to all of you! Please do take it.
Have a good day everyone!
Rules of this one are:
Post and thank the person nominating you!
Visit three of the blogs who received the award along with you when you were nominated!
Tell three things you have to celebrate/are thankful for!
Pass award to SEVEN bloggers!
The three things I have to celebrate or are thankful for are:
1. Food – OK sometimes it’s measley but I guess I’m lucky to get regular meals and the very occasional treat.
2. Daddy – I am a true daddy’s girl and I love wrestling and playing with him. Mummy’s ok, but daddy’s the best!
3. Friends – both the ones I play in the park with and the ones I’m friends with online. You guys are the best!
My SEVEN nominees are:
If you don’t already read their bloggies please do pop by and say hi.
We have intruders staying so I’m
getting in the way helping mummy clean up and sitting on the sheets making the bed in the spare room. I know she really appreciates having me around at times like this. What are you up to this weekend?
Mummy isn’t really a techie, but she’s usually OK with computers – not as good as me obviously. Mummy says I’m a computer genius as I can lay my head on the keyboard of her laptop and somehow switch off her wifi, or type with my mouth as I pant. I’ve also been known to delete files and occasionally hit the shut down button! Impressive, right?
But this week it has been mummy causing the problems. First of all my auto feed to fb and twitter wasn’t working (pretty sure that was her fault), then she published an unfinished post (oh the horror!) and lately she’s been posting things on my fb page as her rather than me. I mean seriously, what is going on!? Although tbh Daddy is no better: I met the cutest husky x collie puppy on our walk yesterday. Where are the pics you might ask? Well daddy didn’t take any! I mean, what does a dog have to do to get some decent staff??
Mummy is frantically trying to redeem herself by sorting out some long-overdue awards. So here we go:
First of all thank you to Nylablue for the Field of Flowers award
I would like to give this to some friends in the US that are longing for Spring:
If you also live in the US and are plagued by snow. Send your snow my way and help yourself to this award!
I’m going to give this to some of my UK buddies. For every spring day we’ve had, we seem to have double the amount of rain. Bring on some sunshine! (you can tell mummy helped me write this as I quite like rain myself)
If you live in the UK – or anywhere else for that matter – and are bored by the rain, then please help yourself to this award.
I think we’re up to date at last! I’m going to head over to Sammy’s now to find out the latest from the moon trip. I’m hoping to discover whether the moon is made of Edam or Leerdammer. What do you think?
While mummy has been battling with London transport during the tube strike, Daddy and I have been in training for our walk on Sunday. You may remember that I’m taking part in the Winter Walkies which is a sponsored dog walk to raise money for a local hospice. It’s only 5km which is just a walk round the park for me, but mummy and daddy are pretty unfit and I’m worried they won’t be able to keep up. I do like to be in front so they might need to wear roller skates lol.
I’m super excited as some of my friends from class are doing it too and as I haven’t been to class for ages (whoops!) I can’t wait to catch up with them all. I have a justgiving page set up and there is also a link on my sidebar, in case anyone would like to sponsor me. But please don’t feel obliged to.
My mini-me is also attempting to train for the mini-me olympics, but she’s struggling to get in the zone without any snow. I know how she feels! So Daddy and I are going to watch Cool Runnings with her later and maybe that will help her find her mojo!
In the meantime I’ve been given this lovely award from Nylablue. Isn’t it pretty! Thank you NB xxx
I’m supposed to pass this on to 8 people, but I can’t decide who. So I’m giving it to you all :-)
Have a great Thursday xx
The lovely Speedy has given me this fab award that I haven’t seen before:
Thank you so much Speedy!
I would like to pass this awards to the following bloggies:
Dip Dip and the Bridge – for making my fab mini me
Dante – for being an excellent nurse while his mummy’s been ill
Rumpy – who’s recently lost the lovely DeDe
My Pawsitively Pets – for always having fab advice
Love is Being Owned for a Husky – to welcome a new addition to their family
My Three Moggies – who’s had various vet visits recently.
If you don’t already read their blogs, please do stop by and say hello.
In the meantime, Valentine’s day is fast approaching, so don’t forget to send your daddies over to Mollie’s shop to get a gift for your mummy:-)
I’m soooo behind posting these. Sorry peeps!
First this one from Sammy
Mummy tried to get a pic of me in a box but I wasn’t have any of it!
This one from Nylablue
I also got another star for the Blog of the year award from Speedy, but I’ve forgotten how many I have now. Blame mummy! She’s been terrible at keeping track. I think her new year’s resolution should get on top of awards in future.
Thank you all for these awards, they are all appreciated.
Please all help yourselves to these awards. You deserve them xxx
Have a great friday everyone!
So the rules are as follows:
1. Thank the blogger who gave you the award and link back to them – Above
2. Display the award on your blog – its now on my awards page
3. And pass it on to up to 15 bloggers – this award has been going round lately so I don’t know who has it and who doesn’t. So please take it and pass it on if you haven’t had it before.
Sammy also created this cool badge to celebrate his sam-o-ween contest
And Bacon put this badge together for his 31 days of Spookiness!
Thanks to you both!
I had to share this video, mummy was wetting herself when she heard it. Have you ever wondered what the fox says??
Now I’m off for a snooze. Pop back tomorrow to find out what I’ve been dreaming about!
The intrepid Cat has created this super cool award called the Explorer Dog Award – how pawesome is that!
1. Link to the person who gave it to you and display it on your bloggy
2. Nominate up to 5 friends:
3. Answer the following questions
- What is your favorite place to explore? link to it. Anywhere muddy really, or with rubbish bins they are fun too :-)
- Have you ever found anything exciting/interesting whilst exploring ? Food is the best thing to find:-)
- What do you like exploring best beach or park? Park, I’ve only been to the beach once before and there was a no dog sign:-(
- What is your favorite post you have written (link to it)? hmmm my horse poo one was pretty fun :-) https://themisadventuresofmisaki.wordpress.com/2012/11/12/horse-poo-heaven/
Thanks so much Cat!
Daddy and I spend every weekday afternoon together. This is our special daddy-daughter time and I love it. But this Tuesday daddy ABANDONED me to go to the Beerfest at Olympia – how bad is that! Mummy had to take a half day from work and rushed home at lunchtime to make sure I wasn’t alone. Now the thing is daddy is always telling mummy how lovely and chilled our afternoons are, how they are filled with snuggles and bellyrubs and even some joint nap time. So mummy was a bit surprised when she got the full hyper Misaki experience hehehe. I was pretty excited about our girlie time and although we were supposed to be blogging I wanted to play instead. I think she was exhausted by dinner time and we hadn’t even had my evening walk then!
While we were at home together I got a little parcel from my boydawg Gizmo:
As well as a lovely card, he sent me a cool geocaching token. Sadly mummy has no idea what to do with it so we’re going to hold on till Uncle Lee comes over in a few weeks so he can help us. And I also got a cool fridge magnet so I can see my lovely Gizmo everyday:-)
I also got this cool triple award from Bacon – thank you!
That lovable piggy has given me this super cool award, its the bouquet of three, how cool is that!
- Display the Award Certificate on your website/blog. Check – see above
- Announce your win with a post. Make sure to post a link back to me as a thank you for the nomination. Check – see above
- Present up to 15 awards to deserving bloggers. Check – see below
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post. I’m slowly doing this, sorry if it takes a while
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself. Check – see below
And everyone else…!
7 things about me – I hate this part as I can never think of anything new and interesting to share. But I’ll try:
- I was recently accused of stealing bread on two separate occasions – but how can it be stealing if the bread was left out for me??
- I love to splash in my paddling pool then run into the lounge and get everyone nice and wet too – gotta share the love:-)
- We had to get an external postbox because when I was little I accidentally ‘ate’ the council tax bill. Sadly we still had to pay it.
- I listen to Planet Rock on the radio everyday
- My favourite film is Eight Below (but please don’t believe what they say about malamutes, we DO have brains BOL)
- I don’t believe in personal space
- I love all my bloggy friends, I just wish I had more time to visit you all
Phew! I think that’s everything. Have a great day!
The lovely Bacon has passed me the Loyal Reader Award, thank you Bacon:-)
Here are the rules to The Loyal Reader Award:
1. Display this award on your blog. – Check
2. Thank the person who sent it to you. – Check
3. Answer a rhetorical question of the authors choosing:
The Question: If I am a tree, will I become a book or furniture?
My Answer: I think I would become a book. Books are full of great stories that entertain for a lifetime:-)
4. Send on the award to everyone you consider a loyal reader. – I have no idea how to judge that, so i think I’ll cop out and offer it to you all, thank you for reading my blog. Please do take this award.
Today is Forrest‘s birthday, so don’t forget to pop over and send him some birthday wishes. Happy birthday Forrest!
Today is also Sammy’s teaser day, so head over to be ‘teased’
Voting for the Snouts in the City contest ends tomorrow, thank you to everyone who has voted so far. If you haven’t, there is still time.
And last of all you can place your orders for christmas presents over at Mollie‘s store. She has so much cool stuff you’re bound to find a few stocking fillers :-)